Eira Long recently received the award for Best Short Fiction from literary journal Line Zero for her short story “The Best” published in the May 2011 issue. She also had two poems, “Snow Day,” and “In Jill’s Garden” published in the same issue.
Send in Your NewsTo send in news to the UC Davis English Department, email email@example.com
- Alumnus John Garrison Honored at Carroll University
- Elizabeth Freeman Wins Distinguished Teaching Award
- Ph.D Candidate Bryan Wallis’s Article to Appear in the Australasian Journal of Ecocriticism and Cultural Ecology
- Professor Danielle Heard and UC Davis alumnus Samaine Lockwood chosen for the “First Book Institute” at CALS
- The 2013 Conference on Ecopoetics was a success!
- Recent Ph.D. Claire Dawkins’s article forthcoming in Sidney Journal
- Ph.D. candidate Pearl Chaozon-Bauer selected as fellow for Professors of the Future program
- UC Davis alumnus Alejandro Escude awarded the Sacramento Poetry Center Poetry Prize
- Ph.D. candidate Pearl Chaozon-Bauer receives travel award and will present a panel at the Academic Literacy Summit
- Professor Emeritus Marijane Osborn to be honored with festschrift for her work in Medieval and Renaissance Studies